The Seventh Annual Competition for Developing Leaders and Students
Registration is closed. Congratulations and thank you to all who registered to participate in the Challenge.
The NAIOP Greater Toronto Developing Leaders committee is pleased to present the 2018 edition of the Development Challenge. The competition is a unique opportunity for DLs and university students, working in teams, to showcase their real estate development skills, earn industry-wide recognition, network with peers and win cash prizes. Another high-profile Toronto property has been chosen as this year's project site. It will excite participants and challenge their vision and creativity. Sign up and unlock your imagination! Read more: Judges and Competition Agenda
HOW TO REGISTER:
- DLs Register as Individuals (Or click the Register button below. Free for members. $25 for DL-age Non-members)
- DLs Register a TEAM (Submit by email. Free for members. $25 for DL-age Non-members)
- Student TEAM Registrations: (Submit by email. Free for all Students)
If registering a team by email (options 2 and 3 above) note the following:
Please provide all requested information. Incomplete submissions cannot be accepted. An acknowledgment email will be sent to the submitter by the following business day. If the confirmation does not arrive, it is the submitter’s responsibility to follow up with the NAIOP Greater Toronto administration office to ensure the submission is received. NAIOP Greater Toronto and its agents do not assume responsibility for failed or undelivered emails.
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS:
- Deadline to register: 5:00pm, Friday July 6th.
- Developing Leader members of NAIOP, age 35 or under, and DL-age non-members working full time from all segments of the industry including Planning, Financing, Development, Brokerage, Investment, and Engineering and Students are encouraged to participate.
- Participants will work in teams of 4 to 6.
- Individual Developing Leaders and DL-age non-members who register will be placed in teams by the organizing committee while ensuring there is a suitable representation of skillsets on each team.
- Developing Leaders and DL-age non-members may request to be included on a team with specifc other contestants who you know will participate. See the 'Register a Team' link above.
- Soon after registration closes and teams are announced, the competition will begin when the organizing committee releases the Project Brief.