The Eighth Annual Competition for Developing Leaders and Students
The NAIOP Greater Toronto Developing Leaders committee is pleased to present the 2019 edition of the DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE. The competition is a unique opportunity for DLs and university students, working in teams, to showcase their real estate development skills, earn industry-wide recognition, network with peers and win cash prizes. Read about the high-profile Toronto property chosen as this year's Project Site. It will excite contestants and challenge their vision and creativity. Sign up and unlock your imagination!
Click the FEES tab above to see pricing for all registration types. Deadline: Monday, July 8th. Registration fees are nonrefundable.
STEP 1: REGISTER ON THIS SITE
With a Team purchase, only the Team Leader’s contact information is required on this site. See Step 2 below re team members’ information.
DLs Corporate Team -- Four to six participants, and team members may be from one company or different companies. The purchaser must be a Developing Leader member of NAIOP Greater Toronto (for registration purposes, considered the Team Leader*). The balance of your team may be any combination of members and non-members age 35 and under.
Student Team -- Four to six participants, and team members may be from one university or different universities. Participants must be full-time students. For registration purposes, the purchaser is considered the Team Leader*.
Individual Registrations -- NAIOP members, Non-members and Students age 35 and under. Individuals will be placed in teams by the organizing committee while ensuring there is a suitable representation of skillsets on each team. Prior to registering, if you have questions please contact the Development Challenge Sub-committee using this EMAIL LINK
STEP 2: SUBMIT CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS
Deadline: 5:00pm, Monday July 8th
Individuals who register alone, please do not set up an account in the Submissions Site. Later, your Team Leader will create the account (see item number 3 below).
Soon after registering and paying on this site, each DL and Student Team Leader* must click the link below to access the Submissions Site and enter the contact information for all the members of the team (minimum 4, maximum 6). Please do this promptly. At subsequent stages of the competition you will return to your account in the Submissions Site to submit preliminary and final development proposals from your team.
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS:
- Deadline to register: 5:00pm, Monday, July 8th.
- Developing Leader members of NAIOP, age 35 or under, and DL-age non-members working full time from all segments of the industry including Planning, Financing, Development, Brokerage, Investment, and Engineering, plus full-time Students age 35 or under, are encouraged to participate.
- Individual registrants will be placed in teams by the organizing committee while ensuring there is a suitable representation of skillsets on each team.
- Soon after registration closes and teams are announced, the competition will begin when the organizing committee releases the Project Brief.
- At scheduled dates through the summer, teams will submit a one-page initial description of their development concepts, followed by their comprehensive proposals which judges will rate.
- Three finalists’ teams will compete on stage at Awards Night on October 3rd.
- Registration fees are nonrefundable.